August 27, 2012

Welcome Back!!!

Next week, we are back to school for the 2012-2013 school year!  It has been a wonderful and relaxing summer.  I am excited to meet the new 3rd Graders and their families.  We will do many exciting things this year.  You can follow all of it on this blog.  It is a way that we can keep home and school connected.

We have many wonderful experiences planned for the students this year, some we have done before, and some brand new.  Exciting stuff!

I would like to introduce Tom Meyers.  He is from Lewis and Clark and will be working in our classroom all year.  

Hello! My name is Tom Myers and I live in North Portland with 4 friends, 3 ducks, 2 chickens and 2 dogs. I grew up in Massachusetts, went to college in Maine and have lived in India and Madagascar. For the past two years, I served as the Food and Garden Educator at Abernethy Elementary in SE Portland, teaching students about botany, nutrition, cooking and natural science. I have worked as an AmeriCorps volunteer, a Peace Corps volunteer, a waiter, a dairy farmhand and an art preparator. In my free time I like to garden, bike and draw.


I am so excited to work with Tom.  We have already been planning (and plotting) for the upcoming year.   It is going to be fun!

Remember to watch the blog for updates and news.  This will be the central place for all things 3rd Grade in Mrs. Mauldin's classroom!

No comments: