March 07, 2012

Folk Art


I wanted everyone to see our wonderful new art in the hallway. I know it is hard for parents to get into the building, so I am bringing the building to you!

This year, I have been trying to kick up my art lessons to the next level. I have always loved doing art with the students, but this year, I am introducing the student to the concepts of form, line, pattern, and color into their own art. They already get a great foundation in different artists from Parent Led Art, so I wanted to compliment that by looking at different facets of making art. Lately, we have been discussing pattern. We were inspired by some folk art landscapes and decided to do our own take on the idea.

I introduced the students to all sorts of patters you can use in art; patterns we see in nature, patterns used in other cultures, etc. Then we made a horizon line closer to the top of our paper. The landscape was divided into sections and then filled with different patterns. We added trees, houses, barns, buildings, etc. Then we added color to the whole piece.






It reminds me of flying over farms and seeing the patchwork of the different fields. I think it looks fantastic!!!!!

Next up on our art adventure....we are going to study foreground and background.

No comments: